Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Critique of EDM 310 Podcasts

I did not realize how important this assignment was until we actually completed it. It was an enjoyable experience. I am from South Louisiana--Cajun Country. As a Cajun it is normal to interrupt others when talking. A group of Cajuns is generally very loud, because everyone talks at the same time. It was not until I moved away from Louisiana that I realized that this was not normal. I constantly try to be aware of this difference and try to listen when others are talking and not interrupt. I was overly cautious in this this assignment. I wish that I would have spoken up more because I had a lot to say, and did not want to be rude. I do think that our podcast flowed well and was interesting to listen to.
Listening to other podcast it seems as though the speakers were unprepared. The podcast were therefore boring. Some speakers sounded as though they were reading from a script. Some were using unprofessional language, phrases such as "Do you know what I mean?", "Um", "Uh", these are not professional.
I am not trying to sound rude. I am taking into consideration that this was most of our first experience making a podcast. This was a very educational task. I think that something like this would be a fun project to do in my classroom one day.

No comments: