Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shift Happens

After watching this movie, I feel in awe, I am so surprised! I have never really thought so much about technology. I just try to keep up with it. That has been incredibly hard to do without being in college. Now that I am back in college, I am forced to embrace technology, which is wonderful. This course is incredible. I had no idea that I would learn so much from it. I begged my advisor to not make me take this course because I have completed two similar college courses. I have learned more so far from this course than from the two others combined.

Our children/students need informed teachers to teach them the cutting edge of technology. As we all know, as soon as technology comes about it is almost obsolete. Technology is a part of our everyday lives. I think that children as young as 3 and as old as senior citizens use technology in one form or another everyday. As educators, we need to stay up to date on all technological advances to prepare our students for the future. We need not think of technology on the basis of today, but on the basis of in the future. We need to ask ourselves, "Is what I am teaching today going to be useful next week, or next month, or even next year?" If the answer is no, then we need to be more educated to teach our children useful information. Also, American children need to be as educated as foreign children.

No comments: